K-12 teachers, curriculum coordinators and administrators with teaching background in social studies, geography, history and/or French, in addition to pre-service teachers, are welcome to apply.
“Québec Dimensions: Historical, Geographic and Cultural Explorations” is a unique professional development opportunity providing participants with foundations in history and geography plus contemporary cultural insights through first-hand experience. The Canadian and Québec content taught by academic specialists is designed to meet Common Core, C3, and state standards.
Registration: US$649 covers transportation during the Institute, lecturer fees, admission to educational sites, curriculum materials, double-occupancy at four star hotels, and some meals.
Rolling applications accepted between now and April 15th or until full. Apply online!
• Acquire current curriculum materials and resources relevant to teaching about Canada and the Province of Québec;
• Receive briefings by experts on Canadian and Québec geography, history, and culture;
• Visit historical and cultural sites in Montréal, the world’s second largest French-speaking city, and in Québec City, a UNESCO world heritage site;
• Apply knowledge gained to a collaborative unit which meets state and national standards; and
• Earn a 45 clock hour certificate. Available option for 1 graduate credit from Plymouth (NH) State University for an additional $263 and a completed project.
For more information: www.umaine.edu/teachingcanada