This focus encourages presenters to explore the many different lenses by which social studies can be taught.
We are seeking proposals that incorporate this theme in the presentation of social studies content. This might include topics such as:
• Using Historical Thinking Skills
• Viewing Social Studies from Multiple Perspectives
• Incorporating different modalities of learning
• Teaching Social Studies through an interdisciplinary lens
• Examining and using new technologies
• Implementing Problem or Project Based Learning; STEM integration
Proposals should be submitted electronically using the link below. Additional information about the conference can be found at vcss.org. Proposals are due by May 1st.
Use this form for your proposal.